The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, further reconstruction work results in a change in angle for the security camera, and with Simon still on vacation (we think!) it’s left to Matt, Oguz and David to bring you up to speed with the latest news. Oguz shares the details on using Bash on Windows, and, in an Ops Team first, delivers a live demo! Which fails. David brings us up to speed with the latest news on Visual Studio, including Visual Studio Code and TFS enhancements. Finally, Matt wraps up with a ‘hybrid’ combined on-prem and Azure section, covering some cool stuff for Hyper-V, PowerShell for Docker, Azure Stack, Azure VM Scale Sets and more!
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [T01:48] – Bash on Windows and Windows Subsystem for Linux Install Guide
- [T04:27] – Docker on Windows
DevOps with David Tesar
- [T07:10] – Visual Studio Team Services Extension for Visual Studio Code
- [T08:59] – Team Foundation Server Update 2
- [T11:31] – Application Insights Analytics
On-Premises Systems and Azure with Matt McSpirit
- [T13:25] – Discrete Device Assignment in Hyper-V with a GPU
- [T15:14] – PowerShell for Docker
- [T16:19] – Azure Stack TP1 Incremental Release
- [T17:21] – Azure VM Scale Sets
- [T18:42] – The what, why and how of Azure Automation Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- [T19:07] – Azure Storage Enhancements and Exporting ARM Templates
Join The Ops Team! We’re hiring!
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Follow The Ops Team: Follow @TheOpsTeam