The Ops Team is a (sometimes) weekly show where (occasionally) 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, it’s just Matt and the ‘DevOpsBoyz’ again, with Oguz operating the camera with sublime efficiency. No camera issues this week, so we can just focus on bringing you the latest in IT Professional news. This week, David brings us up to speed with some new integration with Visual Studio and Cloud Foundry, along with some cool stuff on Atlassian Bitbucket. Matt shares the on-prem news, focused on a recent Cloud and Datacenter event in Germany, a great RunAsRadio interview and awesome Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 info. Oguz talks about Red Hat and Jenkins running on Azure, along with improvements to Redis Cache on Azure, and finally, Matt rounds out the show by sharing a new Orchestrator to OMS Automation migration tool, running your SQL licenses on Azure, and some new info around backup and site recovery.
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with David Tesar
- [T02:03] – DevTest Labs GA
- [T05:35] – Cloud Foundry Extension for Visual Studio Team Services
- [T05:54] – Continuous integration and delivery of web apps from Atlassian Bitbucket
On-Prem Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [T08:00] – Cloud & Datacenter Conference Sessions on Channel 9
- [T10:18] – RunAsRadio – Hyperconverged Storage using Windows Server 2016 with Ned Pyle
- [T11:22] – Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 and Video
DevOps and OSS with Ogus Pastirmaci
- [T13:49] – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 in Azure Marketplace
- [T15:25] – Jenkins on Azure
- [T16:40] – Jenkins integration with Visual Studio Team Services
- [T19:05] – Redis Cache on Azure
Azure Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [T19:42] – Orchestrator to OMS Automation Migration
- [T22:12] – SQL Server Licenses on Azure
- [T23:21] – IaaS Backup & Recovery
- [T24:58] – Azure Site Recovery for VMware/Physical Enhancements
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.