The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, the security camera is fixed (thanks to a new (old) video camera and some velcro cable ties), but unfortunately, Rick can’t make it into the studio to celebrate that fact, so it’s left to Matt, Oguz and Simon to give you the news. Don’t worry Rick-fans, we still get his news nuggets, by the power of editing!
In this week’s news…Oguz brings us up to speed with the latest developments with Application Insights. Matt gives you everything you need to know to get started with the Azure Stack, now that it’s finally with us (at least in technical preview form!) along with some cool new info on on-boarding Linux workloads into OMS. Rick shares some cool announcements around Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery and PowerShell, along with an insightful blog post from Mark Russinovich. Finally, Simon gives us the latest news on Azure RMS, and Configuration Manager! Awesome stuff!
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [02:02] – Application Insights Proactive Detection
- [04:17] – Application Insights Release Annotations
- [06:00] – Project Nami – WordPress with Azure SQL Database and SQL Server
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [08:57] – Azure Stack TP1 Availability
- [11:33] – OMS Log Analytics with Linux On-boarding
- [12:44] – New PowerShell ISE Preview
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [16:25] – Cloud innovation for the year ahead
- [20:03] – Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery for US Government Cloud
- [20:38] – PowerShell v5 Support with OMS Automation
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [22:15] – Azure RMS welcomes Secure Islands and other RMS updates
- [27:05] – Configuration Manager 1601 release
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.